With Magento 1 now approaching end of life (01/10/2018), here are some facts and figures to help give perspective on whether re-implementing your website on Magento 2 is the right choice for you.
Magento 2 can now load pages 50% faster than its predecessors. Coding and design improvements allow M2 to run the checkout process 38% faster compared to Magento 1x, with the higher speeds also meaning greater load handling. With M2, merchants can take on 117% more cart orders than in Magento 1.
However, speed is not the only thing Magento has improved in its new platform. Magento 2 gives sturdier security through better modular structure and safe payment gateway methods. The SEO features are more user friendly and produce better results in SEO rankings, while the admin panel has been simplified to ease daily tasks. The checkout page is streamlined to eliminate any confusion to the User and has dramatically improved the checkout UX for your customers.
- Improved server and site speed
- Simplified admin panel
- Improved security through better modular structure
- Ability to support more concurrent users and transactions
- Easier product onboarding
- Faster import/export capabilities
- Modular architecture makes it easier to integrate with existing systems and extensions
- Easier to migrate to new versions
- Faster development process due to modern coding patterns
We can help you find the best solution for your business; whether that means working with an existing Magento 1 website or developing a leading edge website on Magento 2.
How exactly can we help?
- We can modernise an existing Magento 1 website through app development
- We have our own in-house POS app feeding straight from your Magento database
- We have a team of specialist Magento developers
- We understand business and will work with you to find the best ecommerce solutions